Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 21

                        
Provision Defined in Webster's Dictionary:
 
-The action of providing or supplying something for use.

 
-Supply with food, drink, or equipment, esp. for a journey

Synonyms
noun. supply
verb. supply - provide - cater - victual


1.What do you think about when you hear the word PROVISION?

Cindy talks about how God is good to me, but His provision is not always financial...My God is a God of kept promises..The deeper my relationship with God, the easier it is for me to trust in His promises. p.69


2. What does provision mean when it's not just financial?

Deeper relationship with God=Deeper Trust

 I don't mean to be, but I find myself being a bit prideful at times.  It's had to admit but it's true.  I have trouble asking for help.,it's the fear what needs to be done won't get done. p.70

3. How many of us women find ourselves just doing tasks instead of asking for help?

4. Perhaps its fear of rejection, pride, or maybe feeling like others just won't accomplish a job like we do.  Do you ever feel this way???

Striving.....Being everything for everybody..to the point of physical illness..is what Cindy describes when she says I had to let go, trust, and move beyond my fear..I needed to learn I was not the be all, for the world. p.70-71
 

Genesis 11 The Message (MSG) “God Turned Their Language into ‘Babble’”

11 1-2 At one time, the whole Earth spoke the same language. It so happened that as they moved out of the east, they came upon a plain in the land of Shinar and settled down.
3 They said to one another, “Come, let’s make bricks and fire them well.” They used brick for stone and tar for mortar.4 Then they said, “Come, let’s build ourselves a city and a tower that reaches Heaven. Let’s make ourselves famous so we won’t be scattered here and there across the Earth.”
5 God came down to look over the city and the tower those people had built.
6-9 God took one look and said, “One people, one language; why, this is only a first step. No telling what they’ll come up with next—they’ll stop at nothing! Come, we’ll go down and garble their speech so they won’t understand each other.” Then God scattered them from there all over the world. And they had to quit building the city. That’s how it came to be called Babel, because there God turned their language into “babble.” From there God scattered them all over the world.


5. What's the difference between bricks and stone?


When we allow ourselves to be used by God's grace and annointing His spirit flows out of us and we become sturdy like stone reflecting the creation of our maker.

However, when we get caught up in receiving the glory for our God given talents and we are self-motivated instead of God-motivated then we are like man-made brick and we reflect only ourselves...people's lives cannot be changed by something man-made, but can be by something God-created so we must ask ourselves are we ready to be stones or are we content being bricks and the second answer is true, where will this type of thinking lead us?

Your willingness to never say no takes away an opportunity from someone else who would grab hold of the project with just a little nudge... Ask for help.  Step to the side and let others grow too p.71

Although this is a hard concept to embrace at times, especially as women, when we allow God to take control he will give us wisdom.  If we are striving instead of seeking Him then things just don't work as well.  Let's all be mindful to use our God-given gifts and talents and be thankful for God's annointing, but also acknowlege that there is a time to rest and decline other opportunities even if their positive if it means that we will have to strive.

StrIvIng has two I's, brIcks also has an I.  When we use our own worthiness=I and build our lives with brIcks our foundation will not be firm and we will continue to strIve meaning we will live trying to do something in our own sinful nature. Be content with God holding you with His grace, being used by His annointing..for such a time as this...
 

3 comments:

  1. One of my pet peeves in life is to waste my time doing something that I later find out did not really need to be done, or did not profit. To me time is a valuable asset, maybe as much so as money. So when I think about the people who entered into the project of building the Tower of Babel, and how motivated they were to go forward with what they thought was an important project, when it was really so far away from what the Lord wanted, it makes me want to go hotly after the Lord's discernment before suffering from a similar snare. Psalm 127:1 says, 'Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain." It's been my experience that the Word of God helps me to get a better sense of what the Lord is asking for in life, so that my chances of mistakes are lessened. And even when I have clearly made a mistake, the Word of God shows me a way to address it. As people who live in a hurricane prone region, we would not fail to have flashlights or lanterns and batteries on hand to save us from having to be subject to darkness if the lights go out. In the same way, we need the Word of God. The Psalmist once wrote, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." I want that light, and I praise God that we are fellowshipping around the "light."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself doing a task without asking for help all the time! First, I forget to ask our Heavenly Father for help, to give me wisdom concerning a task. Then I find myself busy doing and resenting those who do not help even when I never ask for help or indicated I needed help. Especially with my daughters, I will be busy doing something that they are responsible for and get aggravated with them. They always answer with, "Mom, why didn't you ask or just remind us to do it." I always realize the problem is me, a lack of training and discipline on my part. My goal is to seek the Father concerning all matters and to help train and disciple my girls to be disciplined and organized to accomplish much for the Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts ladies, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete