Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 1-3 Fear and Worry…Giving Your Tattered Sheets to God even when it is not convenient


Have You Ever Been Stressed? Overwhelmed? Fearful? Worried?
What is God's answer when we are faced with difficult situations?

Matthew 6:25-34
[ Do Not Worry ] “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? ...

  1. Psalm 111:10   The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.
  2. Proverbs 1:7  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  3. Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Fear- to be afraid or apprehensive

Worry- to afflict with mental distress or agitation : make anxious

When things happen in our life that are out of control it is very hard to “remember, He promises to care for us…are we not more important than the birds?”(p.8.)  As well as learning “to rejoice in Him always..”(p.10)  Cindy reminds us to “take [our] needs to Christ…[we] might just get a new set of gift wrapped sheets” (p.13).  As we move through different sheets, I am reminded that though it may be easier to get frustrated/excited/overwhelmed during different seasons the answer to my sanity lies in turning my old tattered sheets over to God so that he can launder them with His everlasting grace fabric softener and return them to me just right so that they can be used again.

  1. Ephesians 5:20 Always give thanks for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

4 comments:

  1. (From Day 3) I value prayer so much. I think that it is the best thing someone can do for me. And that's because I know Who's hearing the prayer...the One who values the prayer request because he valued me enough to die for me so that He could pursue me. Once when a poor cripple was begging for money, Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you...." And we know what he gave the man. Basically a new life because Peter believed in intercession and in the One who made that provision. Since the birth of my grandchild, I can't tell you how much I treasure the fact that the Lord gave us prayer as a means to ask for what our hearts desire. James 5:16 reminds us that the "fervent effectual prayer of a righteous man avails much." I know what the Word says about the value of "two or more," but I am thrilled at the promise of what the singular "righteous man" can accomplish. That means that when I am talking to him, He hears me, even if there happens to only be one praying. He gives us so much reason to hope and believe. Phil 4:6 reminds us to "be anxious for nothing, but in all things make [our] requests known to God." I have taken that word, the way I know he meant it...seriously." God is so good and His love is so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hardest thing to do is to let go of our problems, but God wants us to cast our cares upon him and he will take care of everything. As hard as it is to do we have to let go and let GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let go and let God" such a great concept, we just have to put it into practice.

    ReplyDelete